Did You Know?
In 2007: The lifeboat spent 79 hours at sea in 70 rescues
LATEST NEWS: KINGHORN RNLI NEW YEAR DOOK
Kinghorn RNLI Lifeboat Station is inviting everyone to their annual Kinghorn Loony Dook on 1st January 2016 at 11am.
06/05/2017 -- Mayday Coastal Challenge
A lasting gift
Click the button to send a donation directly to our station!
Kinghorn Lifeboat Station is an RNLI funded and operated rescue station on the coast of Fife, three miles from Kirkcaldy and across the Forth estuary from Edinburgh. We are available and ready 24 hours a day, every single day of the year to assist the MCA (Coastguard agency) in effecting rescues between Elie Ness/Aberlady to the east, and Inchcolm/Granton to the west.
In 2015 we celebrated 50 years of saving lives at sea. It was in 1965 that the RNLI first placed a lifeboat in Kinghorn.
* RECRUITMENT: WE NEED YOU * Why not volunteer with us and help save lives at sea? You'd be surprised who can do it! See our recruitment pages and crew case studies to find out more. Come and visit us any Sunday morning if you would like to meet the crew. You may also come and talk to us this Thursday 9th March between 7:30pm and 9pm at Kinghorn Community Centre
RNLI Mayday Coastal Challenge - 6th May 2017 - We are now taking registrations for our 2017 Mayday event which is a fundraising walk between North Queensferry and Kinghorn. The walk is divided into sections so that you can choose how far you would like to walk!
The 15 mile walk starts near the iconic Forth Bridge in North Queensferrry. We will meet at the Light Tower, Town Pier at 10.15am. http://www.northqueensferrylighttower.com/
Alternatively you may choose to either join or finish your walk at
- Inverkeithing, Ballast Bank Community Centre at 11.30;
- Dalgety Bay, Sailing Club/Old Harbour, The Wynd at 12.30;
- Aberdour, Silver Sands at 13.30
- Burntisland, Haugh Road at 14.30 for the last stage to Kinghorn.
At the Lifeboat Station you can enjoy refreshments, a tour and find out about the work of Kinghorn Lifeboat volunteers.
Activities en-route will include a Treasure Hunt for children and a ‘Yellow Welly Throwing’ competition for all the family at the Silver Sands, Aberdour.
To ensure your place at this great event, please complete and return the Registration Form as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing you!
Have a look at our new Yellow Welly Newsletter - Winter 2016 (PDF)